The Coin Metrics team is happy to announce that it has successfully begun publishing its CM Reference Rates for midnight UTC.
Reference Rates are currently available via REST API on a go forward basis. Historical rates will be added to the API soon.
Some feature highlights:
- CM Reference Rates represent a fixed USD price of one unit of a crypto asset calculated by aggregating trades across approved and vetted trading venues
- The Rates are produced for 102 of the top crypto assets for a midnight UTC Fixing Time, with other daily closes (New York, London, Tokyo) to follow
- The Rates are used to give an unbiased and auditable USD price for calculating net asset values (NAV) for portfolio valuation and accounting purposes or backtesting trading strategies or other research
- The Reference Rate is governed by the Coin Metrics Oversight Committee which is comprised of internal and external stakeholders
- The Reference Rate methodology adheres to international best practices such as the IOSCO Principles for Financial Benchmarks and includes a quantitative market selection score, a robust time-weighted and volume-weighted median calculation, and automated and human quality control checks
- Please reach out for more information on the methodology, human quality control checks and governance
- The Rates are available through responsive REST API in JSON and CSV format or via CSV file
For more information on the CM Reference Rates product please visit our website.
Email us at [email protected] to contact sales or learn more about this or other products.