PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU ACCESS THE SERVICES. BY ACCESSING SERVICES, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE DO NOT ACCESS THE SERVICES.
1. Your Agreement
2. Our Services: Overview
The Services are designed to provide an online resource for reviewing Data and Analytics related to cryptoassets. For example, you may use the Services to obtain daily cryptoasset data s6ets of either cryptoasset network or market data (“Data”). You may also obtain correlations and other derived analytics of the various Data that we or our licensors have generated (“Analytics”). You may also register with Coin Metrics via the Website to receive API data feeds of Data and Analytics for use in your applications. We may also offer paid subscriptions for products from time to time – if we do so, your use of such products will be subject to a separate license agreement between you and Coin Metrics and will not be subject to these Terms.
3. OBTAINING A PASSWORD OR ACCESS CREDENTIAL; PROTECTING YOUR PASSWORD/CREDENTIALS
We may make certain areas of the Website accessible only to Service Users that have a password or other access credentials such as an API key. Please keep in mind that we will treat anyone who uses your username and password/access credentials as “you.” We will provide this Service User with all the rights and privileges that we provide to you, and we will hold you responsible for the activities of a person using your account. Therefore, we recommend that you maintain your username and password/access credentials in confidence, and that you refrain from disclosing this information to anyone outside of your Organization who might “pretend” to be you with respect to the Services and your access of the Services. For clarity, to the extent a single set of access credentials (user name and password or API key) is established for you / your Organization (“Access Credentials”), these Access Credentials may be used by authorized representatives within your Organization, provided that you / your Organization remains responsible for the access to and use of the Services and any Coin Metrics Content obtained by anyone accessing the Services using your Access Credentials. For the avoidance of doubt, you shall not permit any third parties to access the Services using your Access Credentials. We also ask that you notify us immediately if you suspect that someone is using your username and/or password and/or API key in this or any inappropriate manner.
4. Grant of Rights
4.1. Grant of Rights to All Users
Subject to your compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Coin Metrics hereby grants to each Service User, under Coin Metrics’ intellectual property rights, a limited non-exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide right (i) to access and use the Services solely for non-commercial internal business purposes, and (ii) to access, copy, display, perform, and use Coin Metrics Content for non-commercial internal business purposes pursuant to the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0) License (available at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/).
Service Users hereby grant Coin Metrics the right to use Service User’s name, logo and/or other marks (where provided in the Services) for the sole purpose of identifying the Service User as a user of the Services. No compensation will be paid with respect to Coin Metrics’ use of the Service User’s name and/or trademarks under this grant.
5. Ownership; Reservation of Rights
The information, data, statistics, software, artwork, text, video, audio, pictures, trademarks, trade dress, and other intellectual property embodied in the Services, are the proprietary property of Coin Metrics and its licensors and are protected by U.S. and international copyright and other intellectual property laws, or are used under the principles of fair use. Coin Metrics and its licensors retain all rights with respect to the Services except those expressly granted to you in these Terms.
EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED HEREIN OR IF OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY PERMITTED BY COIN METRICS (e.g., to the extent made available by Coin Metrics through GitHub or subject to separate license from Coin Metrics), YOU AGREE NOT TO (i) DUPLICATE, PUBLISH, DISPLAY, DISTRIBUTE, MODIFY, OR CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS FROM THE MATERIAL PRESENTED THROUGH THE SERVICES UNLESS SPECIFICALLY AUTHORIZED IN WRITING BY COIN METRICS; (ii) REVERSE ENGINEER, DECOMPILE, DISASSEMBLE, OR OTHERWISE SEEK TO DISCOVER THE SOURCE CODE OF THE COIN METRICS SERVICES AND UNDERLYING SOFTWARE; OR (iii) UTILIZE THE SERVICES TO INPUT INTO, DEVELOP, TRAIN, IMPROVE, GENERATE OUTPUT FROM, OR OTHERWISE USE IN RELATION TO, ANY AI SYSTEM. AI SYSTEM MEANS (I) ANY ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE MODELS, MACHINE MODELS OR LARGE LANGUAGE MODELS, OR (II) ANY OTHER SOFTWARE, TOOL, OR SYSTEM THAT PERFORMS A SIMILAR PURPOSE, PROVIDED THAT YOU MAY USE ANY PLUGINS DEVELOPED AND PROVIDED BY US TO INTERACT WITH THE AI SYSTEM FOR WHICH SUCH PLUGIN HAS BEEN DEVELOPED.
6.1. User Comments/Feedback
Our Services may allow Service Users to provide comments or feedback regarding the Services. By providing comments/feedback, you grant us the right to use your comments and feedback for the purposes of improving the Services.
7. Code of Conduct
As a condition of your use of the Services, you agree to follow our Code of Conduct, set out below. Under this Code, you will not:
- Provide false identification information to obtain access to the Services.
- Access the Services to develop or implement a product or service that will act as a substitute for or otherwise compete with the Services.
- Upload, email or otherwise transmit any images or other User content that is unlawful, obscene, harmful, hateful, invades the privacy of any third party, contains nudity or pornography, or is otherwise objectionable.
- Disseminate materials that impact or invade the privacy of others, such as photographs, video clips, sound recordings, personally identifiable information, or other materials that reveal personal, private, or sensitive information about another person, without that person’s consent.
- Submit material that is intentionally false, defamatory, unlawfully threatening, or unlawfully harassing.
- Infringe any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy. Electronic materials – such as music, videos, games, images, and text in electronic form — can easily be copied, modified, and sent over networks (such as the Internet). These electronic materials are thus extremely vulnerable to unauthorized distribution and copyright infringement. These materials may not be transmitted over the Services without the copyright owner’s permission, or without a legitimate “fair use” justification for the transmittal.
- Transmit materials that contain any viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer-programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or personal information.
- Use the Services to artificially generate traffic or page links to a website or for any other purpose not expressly allowed under these Terms.
- Use the Services in a manner that could disable, overburden, or impair the Services or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Services, such as through sending “spam” email.
- Use the Services to test or reverse engineer the Services to find limitations, vulnerabilities or to evade filtering capabilities.
- Seek to obtain access to any materials or information through “hacking,” “data harvesting,” “web scraping,” or through other means we have not intentionally made available to you through the Services.
- Use VPNs, proxy servers, or other means to hide the true source of traffic or to circumvent any rate limits we impose on our users.
- Use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms. For example, you will not use the Services to violate any law, statute, or regulation (including, without limitation, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, antidiscrimination, or false advertising).
8. Charges; Payment Terms
8.1. Subscription Fees
If applicable, some Services may require Service Users to pay Coin Metrics a monthly subscription fee (the “Subscription Fee”), as set forth on the registration screen in the Website at the time of registration. Coin Metrics reserves the right to increase its Subscription Fees. Coin Metrics will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide advance notice of any Subscription Fee increases.
8.2. Automatic Debit
If you provide recurring payment information for automatic debit of the Subscription Fee, you authorize Coin Metrics to debit your credit card, checking or savings account designated by you at the time of registration (or as you may update such information thereafter) on a recurring basis for the Subscription Fees.
Subscription Fees are exclusive of all federal, state, and local and foreign taxes, levies assessments and withholdings. You shall bear and be responsible for all such taxes, levies and assessments arising out of these Terms, excluding only any tax based on Coin Metrics’ net income.
9. Monitoring; Revocation or Suspension of Use Privileges
10. Termination for Cause
In the event that you are in material breach of any obligation under these Terms, Coin Metrics may terminate this Agreement for cause upon written notice after first: (i) providing you with written notice of the breach (a “Notice of Breach”) and (ii) providing thereafter a five (5) day opportunity to cure beginning on the date of your receipt of the Notice of Breach.
11. Links to Third-Party Sites
The Services may also contain links or produce search results that reference links to third party Services (collectively “Linked Sites“). Coin Metrics has no control over these Linked Sites or their content and does not assume responsibility or liability for any content, opinions, or materials available on Linked Sites. Coin Metrics does not endorse the content of any Linked Site, nor does Coin Metrics warrant that a Linked Site will be free of computer viruses or other harmful code that can impact your computer or other web-access device. By using the Services to search for or link to another site, you agree and understand that such use is at your own risk.
12. NO FINANCIAL ADVICE
The Data and Analytics provided through the Services are provided for information purposes only. Coin Metrics is not a financial advisor. You should consult your financial advisor before you make financial decisions based upon the Data or Analytics. Your use of Data and Analytics is at your own risk. If you choose to use Data and/or Analytics for any purpose, you do so voluntarily and you assume all risks associated with such activities. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you expressly agree that we are not providing financial advice via the Services.
13. Warranty Disclaimer
THE SERVICES AND CONTENT WITHIN IT ARE DELIVERED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. WHEN YOU ACCESS THE SERVICES, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. COIN METRICS AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT WARRANT OR REPRESENT THAT (A) THE USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE SECURE, TIMELY, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OR OPERATE IN COMBINATION WITH ANY OTHER HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, SYSTEM OR DATA, (B) THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS, (C) THE QUALITY OF ANY SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS, (D) ERRORS OR DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR (E) THAT ANY DATA, ANALYTICS, OR OTHER MATERIALS OR CONTENT YOU DOWNLOAD FROM THE COIN METRICS SERVICES WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL FEATURES. WHILE COIN METRICS MAY MAKE DATA AND ANALYTICS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES, THE DATA AND ANALYTICS ARE PROVIDED BY THIRD PARTIES AND COIN METRICS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR, AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR, YOUR USE OF SUCH DATA AND ANALYTICS, AND THE INFORMATION YOU OBTAIN FROM THEM. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF ANY DATA AND ANALYTICS MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. COIN METRICS DISCLAIMS (i) ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS; (ii) ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR THE ACCURACY, CONTENT, COMPLETENESS, OR LEGALITY OF INFORMATION AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES OR SYSTEM; AND (iii) ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR HARM RESULTING FROM DOWNLOADING OR ACCESSING INFORMATION THROUGH THE SERVICES, INCLUDING HARM CAUSED BY VIRUSES OR SIMILAR DESTRUCTIVE FEATURES. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE COIN METRICS SERVICES, SYSTEM, AND RELATED SERVICES AND CONTENT IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
14. Limitation of Liability
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT, OR NEGLIGENCE, WILL COIN METRICS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) THAT ARISE OUT OF OR ARE RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE COIN METRICS SERVICES.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold Coin Metrics and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees harmless from any liability to third parties, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising from or related to your (i) use of the Services, and (ii) breach of these Terms.
16. Contact for Alleged Copyright Infringement
Coin Metrics respects the intellectual property rights of others and requires that its Service Users do the same. If you believe that Coin Metrics Content in the Services or activity taking place on the Services constitutes infringement of a work protected by copyright (a “Work“), please notify our agent, designated under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. §512) (the “DMCA”) to respond to such concerns, as follows:
Coin Metrics Inc.
125 High Street, Suite 350
Museum Tower, Boston, MA 02110
Your notice must comply with the DMCA. Upon receipt of a compliant notice, we will respond and proceed in accordance with the DMCA.
17. Modifications to these Terms
We may modify and change these Terms over time. We will not “retroactively” change these Terms, and any modifications we make shall take effect proactively, once you next access the Services. Please feel free to print out a copy of these Terms for your records.
These Terms shall not be assignable by you, either in whole or in part. Coin Metrics reserves the right to assign its rights and obligations under these Terms.
The following provisions shall survive the termination of these Terms and shall apply indefinitely:
- Section 5 (Ownership; Reservation of Rights)
- Section 12 (Warranty Disclaimer)
- Section 14 (Limitation of Liability)
- Section 15 (Indemnity)
- Section 18 (Assignment)
- Section 19 (General)
- Section 20 (Survival)
22. Contact Us
If you have any questions about these Terms, the practices of this Website, or your dealings with the Services, please contact us at by e-mail as follows: email@example.com
Effective Date: The effective date of these Terms is June 30, 2023.
COPYRIGHT AND LEGAL NOTICE
Copyright © 2023 Coin Metrics Inc. All Rights Reserved.