Transparent, independent cryptoasset prices
CM offers two prices for over 640 assets: CM Reference Rates and CM Principal Market Prices. All prices are derived using transparent and independent methodologies and leverage data from high quality constituent markets.
Wide coverage universe
- Over 640 of the top cryptoassets
- Prices are calculated with daily, hourly, one minute, one second, and 200 millisecond granularity with full historical data
- CM Reference Rates are quoted in USD, EUR, BTC and ETH while CM Principal Market Prices are quoted in USD
Versatile data delivery
- CM Reference Rates and CM Principal Market Prices are both available through low-latency, high-availability HTTP API
- CM Reference Rates are available through our WebSocket API
- CM Prices leverage a systematic Market Selection Framework that utilizes a wide set of qualitative and quantitative features to select a unique set of high quality constituent markets for each asset
- CM Reference Rates leverage an empirically tested methodology that is robust to outliers and market manipulation
- CM Principal Market Prices meet the requirements of IFRS 13 and FASB ASC 820. Both the price and the identity of the principal market are available
- Methodologies are publicly available and prices can be reviewed via our community API
- CM Reference Rates undergo a human review at the close of trading in New York at 16:00 ET
Systematic and quantitative trading
Use our historical prices to represent accurate buy-and-hold returns for backtesting trading models.
Conduct research that requires an accurate, aggregated price that is robust to outliers or market manipulation and performs well during periods of market stress.
Integrate our prices in a website, platform, or application.
Indexes and Financial Products
Construct standalone indexes for benchmarking purposes or indexes in connection with a financial product or derivatives contract using our reference rates.
Use our reference rates or principal market prices for portfolio valuation, accounting, and tax purposes.