Industry Standard Classification
- Intuitive structure reflects market perception and industry norms
- Expressive nodes are mutually exclusive and collectively exhaustive
- Designed for flexibility and industry evolution
Created by Market Leaders
- Collaboration by MSCI, Goldman Sachs and Coin Metrics
- datonomy co-creators represent leaders in index governance, FS markets, and digital asset data/intelligence
Integrated Data Offering
- Seamlessly integrate datonomy and Coin Metrics data sets leveraging a single API and ticker nomenclature
- Create sector analytics, investment strategies and indexes by combining datonomy with CM reference rates, market data and on-chain data
- MSCI, as datonomy administrator, uses a control framework designed to enhance the integrity of the taxonomy and asset classification
Research & Media
Read and hear about datonomy in the news.
Datonomy™ is owned and administered by MSCI and was developed by Goldman Sachs, MSCI, and Coin Metrics. None of Goldman Sachs, MSCI, Coin Metrics or any other party involved in or related to compiling, computing or creating datonomy makes any express or implied warranties or representations with respect to datonomy (or the results to be obtained by the use thereof), and all such parties hereby expressly disclaim all warranties of originality, accuracy, completeness, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose with respect to datonomy. Datonomy does not constitute investment advice, is not a solicitation or recommendation to buy or sell, or an endorsement of, any assets, does not assess, classify or make any statement regarding the regulatory status or standing of an asset, and no assurance is provided of the results of any investment or investment strategy using datonomy. Without limiting any of the foregoing, in no event shall Goldman Sachs, MSCI, or Coin Metrics, or any of their affiliates or any third party involved in or related to compiling, computing, creating or licensing the data have any liability for any direct, indirect, special, punitive, consequential or any other damages (including lost profits) even if notified of the possibility of such damages. No further distribution, dissemination or use of datonomy is permitted without the express written consent of one of Goldman Sachs, MSCI, or Coin Metrics, including using datonomy for investment purposes.