Coin Metrics is excited to expand our community offering to include market data. Coin Metrics was founded in 2017 as an open-source project to determine the economic significance of public blockchains. We continue to expand on that original purpose to empower people to make informed crypto financial decisions. Our community data is available via our free community REST API and is provided under a Creative Commons license. It can also be accessed via our API v4 and viewed on CM Pro (https://cmtv.coinmetrics.io/).
The market data included in this community offering is a subset of our paid customer offering. While it includes all of our data concepts, it has limited historical data and/or granularity, it is rate limited, and it is not available via our Websocket API.
Specific market data included in the community release is:
- Market trades, order books, quotes, open interest, funding rates, and liquidations are available for all markets for the past 24 hours
- Market candles are available for all markets with full history at daily frequency and the past 24 hours for sub-daily frequencies
- Reference rates are available for all assets in our coverage universe with full history at daily frequency and the past 24 hours for sub-daily frequencies
- CMBI index levels are available with full history at daily frequency and the past 24 hours for sub-daily frequencies
- CMBI constituents and weighting data is available at hourly frequency for the past 60 days