The promotion of Coin Metrics API v2.0 to “stable” has been successfully completed.
As previously discussed here, Coin Metrics successfully completed the following changes to our API today:
- API v2 switched to the same public interface as the current API v3.
- API v2 promoted to “stable”.
As a reminder, here is what this means for you as an API user:
- If you currently use API v1, nothing changes for you. API v1 is declared “stable”, and will not receive breaking changes, now or in the future.
- If you currently use API v2, your implementation is likely broken, as there are important differences between v2 and v3. Please examine the changes introduced, and adjust your implementation to the new v2. The good news is that API v2 is now declared stable, so no breaking changes will be introduced in the future.
- If you currently use API v3, nothing changes for you at the moment. However, it is advised to switch to API v2 for any production uses, because API v2 is “stable”, as opposed to API v3 which will continue to be “in-development” and may receive breaking changes without notice.
- API v1: https://docs.coinmetrics.io/api/v1/
- API v2: https://docs.coinmetrics.io/api/v2/ (updated to reflect the change to “stable”)
- API v3: https://docs.coinmetrics.io/api/v3/
- API v2 2019-06-18 Changelog
- API Backward Compatibility Policy
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact us at [email protected]