Coin Metrics is pleased to announce the version 2.6 release of our Hourly Reference Rates and version 0.7 release of our Real-Time Reference Rates. Updated methodology documents for both products can be found here.
Coin Metrics produces the Hourly Reference Rates and Real-Time Reference Rates, a collection of prices rates quoted in U.S. dollars, published once per hour and once per second, for a set of cryptocurrencies.
The release notes for this release additions and terminations to our coverage universe, reconstitutions of our whitelisted markets, and some recalculations of certain assets.
Coverage Universe Additions
This release expands our coverage universe to include 14 additional assets and brings our total coverage universe to a total of 313 assets. The additional assets are included below.
- Meta (mta)
- Keep3rV1 (kp3r)
- Golem (glm)
- NEAR Protocol (near)
- Syntropy (noia)
- Oasis Network (rose)
- Injective Protocol (inj)
- sUSD (susd)
- Polkastarter (pols)
- TerraUSD (ust)
- LTO Network (lto)
- TrustSwap (swap)
- Nimiq (nim)
- LBRY Credits (lbc)
Coverage Universe Terminations
The following 6 assets are terminated from the coverage universe due to token migrations, token rebrandings, and insufficient volumes on exchanges.
- Golem (gnt) removed due to token migration from gnt to glm.
- Flexacoin (fxc) removed due to token migration from Flexacoin to Amp.
- BHEX Token (bht) removed due to token migration from BHEX Token to HBC Token.
- Crowd Machine (cmct) removed due to insufficient volumes from constituent markets.
- Stratis (strat) removed due to token migration from strat to strax.
- Oxen (loki) removed due to rebranding from Loki to Oxen.
Reconstitution of Whitelisted Markets
The whitelisted markets that serve as the input data source for the calculation of the reference rates for each asset was refreshed on January 26, 2021 as part of a regularly scheduled quarterly review. During each quarterly review, our Market Selection Framework is applied and the highest scoring markets are selected for each asset.
Recalculations Due to Improvements in Historical Whitelisted Markets
Investigations of price anomalies resulted in minor modifications of historical whitelisted markets for a small number of assets. The following 25 reference rates received changes and historical values received minor changes.
- rev-usd from 2020-04-09 to 2020-09-28
- btg-usd from 2020-06-15 to 2020-09-01
- ant-usd from 2018-04-27 to 2020-09-08
- mln-usd from 2018-10-25 to 2020-09-04
- qash-usd from 2018-10-09 to 2020-07-01
- etc-usd from 2021-01-01 to present
- celo-usd from 2020-09-28 to present
- ewt-usd from 2019-09-18 to present
- rep-usd from 2020-08-01 to present
- mco-usd from 2020-11-01 to present
- uqc-usd from 2020-10-30 to present
- shr-btc from 2020-11-14 to present
- etp-usd from 2017-11-10 to present
- amb-usd from 2020-07-01 to present
- bft-usd from 2019-03-22 to present
- lym-usd from 2020-07-01 to present
About the CM Reference Rates
The CM Reference Rates are designed to serve as a transparent and independent pricing source that promote the functioning of efficient markets, reduce information asymmetries among market participants, facilitate trading in standardized contracts, and accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrencies as an asset class with the highest standards. The reference rates are calculated using a robust and resilient methodology that is resistant to manipulation and adheres to international best practices for financial benchmarks, including the International Organization of Securities Commissions’ (IOSCO) Principles for Financial Benchmarks. The Coin Metrics Oversight Committee and an independent governance structure protect the integrity of the reference rates and ensure the reference rates serve as sources of transparent and independent pricing.
Please reach out to Coin Metrics at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the CM Reference Rates.